How To Gameshare On Your Console
Now you can share games with your friends and family absolutely FREE
With Digital Games becoming ever more popular amongst console users, it’s no longer as easy as just handing a game disc over to your friend or family member. In fact it is actually becoming more complicated to share games, however we hope this article will help make this simple for you. We’ll let you know how to gameshare on Ps4 and Xbox One.
How To Gameshare On Ps4
2. Select the Settings tab on the main menu.
3. Select Account Management.
4. Select Activate as your primary PS4.
5. Select Activate.
You should now be able to access all of your games on your friend’s console. You or your friend will still have to download them, but there’s no need to sign back into your account on that PlayStation. If you are exchanging access to your digital game libraries, have your friend or family member complete steps 1-4 on your PS4.
We’ve found a video that may help show you how to gameshare on your Ps4
Ps4 Gameshare Warnings
- You can share your account with an unlimited number of people but you can only do this process, which allows you to play the same game on two consoles at the same time, with one other person. If you try to hook up three friends, for example, and all four of you want to play a game together, your account will be flagged and blocked.
- You can deactivate a console remotely by using the PlayStation account management tool in your web browser(Once every 6 Months Only!), Keep in mind that if you don’t have access to your primary console, other users who log into your PlayStation 4 won’t be able to access your digital library of games.
- You’ll be out of luck playing PlayStation Plus titles if your internet goes down.
How To Gameshare On Xbox One
Whether you have an original Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X, you can follow the same Gameshare method as it is universal across all. You can give another person access to your entire library of downloadable games. The process of giving a friend or family member unrestricted access to your digital games, often called “gamesharing,” is surprisingly simple, but comes with some big restrictions. You and your friend will both need Xbox One systems and your own Xbox accounts, with games that you’d like to access.
Find a trusted friend whom you want to share games with. Either obtain their Xbox Live login information, or invite them over so they can sign into your console.
1. Select the Xbox Button to bring up the main menu.
2. Navigate to the user account menu (on the left). Select ADD NEW and add both yours and your friend/family member’s accounts.
3. Go into the “SETTINGS MENU” then “PERSONALIZATION” and then “MAKE MY HOME XBOX” to Make your friends/family members console (the one you’re doing the gameshare with) your “home Xbox.”
4. Go into your game library by selecting “My games & Apps” and then “Ready to Install” to see which games are accessible to you.
5. Once You are done using your gameshare partner’s account, you can remove your console as their “home xbox” by going in “PERSONALIZATION” and selecting “THIS ISN’T MY HOME XBOX”.
We’ve found a video that may help show you how to gameshare on your Xbox One
Xbox One Gameshare Warnings
- XBOX ONE – Your friend will be able to make purchases through your account on the Xbox store.
- XBOX ONE – If your internet connection happens to go out and your current Xbox One isn’t registered as your home Xbox, you also won’t be able to access your digital game library.
- XBOX ONE – Microsoft allows you to change your home Xbox five times per year, starting from the first time you switch it.
Links you may find useful
- Find out how to Gameshare on your Ps3 HERE
- Find out how to Gameshare on Nintendo Switch HERE (although it’s technically not game sharing)
Looking to sell your games console? You can sell your Games Console with Bowkers Trading today, its Quick, Easy and FREE.